Q. I am a new student - what should I do?
Once you have enrolled, you should see our Reception staff. They will be able to assist you and answer any questions that you may have.

Q. Where can I find out about catching buses?
Bus timetables are available from the Reception on request.

Q. My friend wants to enrol at NZCB. Do you speak Chinese?
Assistance with course information is available from our Marketing Department where we have staff members who can speak Mandarin and Cantonese as well as a variety of other languages.

Student Services - Administration

Q. How do I apply to enter NZCB?
Download the application forms from our website and fax or post or email them to us with supporting documents. All applicants must provide their passport details page, 2 passport photos and the Enrolment Fee with their application. You also need to provide certified copies of your academic certificates and transcripts from you previous schools. Please contact our College info@nzcb.ac.nz/infoakl@nzcb.ac.nz for additional information if required.

Q. How long will it take for my application to be processed?
You will receive a response from us within 2 weeks of receipt of your application.

Q. When do I have to pay for my course?
If you are in NZ, you should pay your course fee after you receive our Offer of Admission and Invoice. If you are overseas and applying for visa at Immigration, you should pay your course fee after you have your visa approved in principle from Immigration (for China, Vietnam, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc).

Q. Can I pay by instalments?
You can pay your tuition fee in 2 instalments.

Q. Will my qualification be recognised overseas?
All our qualifications are approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA), and accordingly are internationally recognised.

Q. How do I apply for cross-credits?
After your arrival, complete an Application for Credit Transfer Form from the Reception, providing full course outlines and academic transcripts for the courses for which you are seeking recognition.

Q. What should I do if I cannot start my course on time, or want to change my start date?
A. You must contact the College and complete a Course Start Date Change Form at least 7 days before the original start date of your course.

Q. What happens if I don't get my visa approved on time?
A. Contact the College to re-confirm your start date and complete a Course Start Date Change Form from the Reception.

Q. What do I do after my visa is issued?
You must advise the College at least 2 weeks in advance of you arrival in NZ, so you should make your flight arrangements appropriately. If required, you must arrange your airport pickup and accommodation (homestay) with the College at least 2 weeks in advance of your arrival. You are required to complete an arrival notification form and fax or post or email it to us. Please click here to download the arrival notification form.

Q. What is a normal course of study?
It is normal for you to study 5 – 7 papers in a year depending on the course that you are enrolled in.

Q. How many semesters are there in a year?
There are multiple entry points for our Level 4, Level 5, Level 6 and Level 7 courses, i.e. the students may enter the course at the commencement of each module/paper. Each Level 5 or Level 6 paper is 8 weeks. Each Level 4 or Level 7 paper is 7 weeks.
There are 2 semesters for our New Zealand Diploma in Business programme (Feb and July), and the College enrols new intakes in each semester.

Q. Who should I contact when I arrive in Christchurch/Auckland?
You should contact the College on 03-3796668 (Christchurch Campus) or 09-8496668 (Auckland Campus). If urgent and outside of work hours, contact 021-0219-9887.

Q. How do I get an ID card?
This will be arranged at Orientation on your first day, and the Reception staff will contact you once it is ready for pick-up.

Q. How do I renew my ID card?
You need to hand in your old student ID card to the Reception, with a copy of your new fees receipt for your re-enrolment. The Reception staff will contact you once it is ready for pick-up.

Q. Do I have a break during my studies?
You must complete a Leave Application Form. You are required to apply for leave at least THREE DAYS in advance of the desired leave, except for sick and emergency leave. The College normally has a 1-month holiday over the Christmas period.

Q. What should I do if I cannot attend class?
If it is urgent, please phone the College and leave a message at the Reception (Auckland Campus 09-8496668, Christchurch Campus 03-3796668). Otherwise, you should apply three days in advance for all forms of leave except sick leave. You need to provide a medical certificate if you cannot attend classes due to any medical condition.

Q. What happens if I have unexplained absences for two days or more?
Immigration New Zealand requires students to attend their courses at all times, as required, unless they have genuine reasons for their absence.  Unexplained absences can result in student’s visa being cancelled and student ordered to return to their home country by Immigration New Zealand.

Q. What should I do if I change my phone number or address?
It is important for you to inform the College about all changes in your situation to ensure that your records are updated with correct details.

Q. What should I do if I have to leave New Zealand suddenly?
Inform the College, stating reasons and providing a photocopy of your flight ticket, and complete a Leave Application Form. You may also need to complete a subject/course start date change form if your travel is going to affect your intended start date of study.

Q. Can I suspend or withdraw from my studies?
You must advise the College in writing and complete a Withdrawal Form which is available from the College Reception. However, fees are non-refundable after ten working days of the course start date. The NZCB Student Handbook contains full information on the enrolment, withdrawal, refund and transfer policies.

Q. How can I get my graduation certificate?
You need to complete the Application for Graduation Form at the College Reception after you have completed your course. Certificates will take 2 weeks to process.

Q. Can I work part-time in New Zealand?
International students who are enrolled in eligible qualifications (our Diploma programmes) may work up to 20 hours per week. Our Diploma students are able to work during the summer holidays and gain an up-to-12-month graduate job search visa after graduation. (For more information on your eligibility to gain a graduate job search visa, please visit www.nzis.govt.nz.)

Q. Do you help me to get a job when I graduate?
Our College provides free assistance in CV preparation, covering letter and interview techniques. Our College has established friendly relationships with many enterprises and organisations, and recommendations can be made for graduates from our College.

Q. Can you get me a part-time job?
Students find part-time jobs themselves. However, there is plenty of advice available from the College as to where a student might look for positions.